Summer in Baltimore
As finals week and graduation loom in my future, my time interning at Baltimore Collegetown Network comes to a close. I’ve had a tremendous year working for this awesome organization, and I encourage any of you looking for an internship to keep Collegetown on your list for next Fall! My time here as afforded me so many opportunities, but my most poignant takeaway is an enhanced understanding and appreciation for all Baltimore has to offer. So I thought it’d be appropriate for my final blog post (*tear*) to include a list of some of the great events, festivals, and activities happening this summer in Charm City!
- Artscape Friday, July 18 – Sunday, July 20
- Be a part of America’s largest free arts festival! Artscape features more than 150 artists and live performances including: dance, opera, theater, film, experimental music, and the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra! Plus a variety of hands-on demonstrations and competitions to put your creative abilities to the test!
- Outdoor Movies
- Little Italy – the original outdoor movie venue of Baltimore! Beginning July 11, enjoy live music and festivities starting at 7pm and a film at 9pm!
- Flicks on the Hill – sponsored by the American Visionary Museum this weekly movie night is one of the city’s largest. Thursday nights, beginning July 10, be sure to head down to Federal Hill to enjoy a summer flick!
- Fells Point Films on the Pier – If Wednesdays are better for you, then be sure to check out the outdoor films in Fells Point beginning July 9 at 8:45pm.
- Summer Sounds at Belvedere Square
- Free outdoor concerts every Friday at Belvedere Square starting May 16 with an upbeat Cajun performance by The Crawdaddies at 6pm.
- Chesapeake Crab and Beer Festival Saturday, June 21
- Get Crackin’ In Charm City! Enjoy tons of Old Bay, Maryland crabs, and specialty beers (21+, of course)
- Cultural Festivals – Experience Baltimore’s melting pot of cultures and enjoy these awesome ethnic celebrations
- Beat the heat with some sweet treats! What better way to celebrate summertime than with some frozen deliciousness?
No class, no commitments, no worries – right? And still plenty of things to take advantage of in your favorite college town – sounds like a perfect summer to me! Please leave any additional Charm City summer time plans in a comment below, I’d love to hear from you!
And now, as the old cliché goes – all good things must come to an end – farewell Baltimore Collegetown, it’s been an incredible year! Can’t wait to explore the city’s quirky charms as a … dun, dun, dun … college graduate!
-Madison Boris, intern